Friday, August 9, 2013

Gloomy Marilyn Monroe - A Sketch

Hi there,

Recently I've stumbled upon some photos of Marilyn Monroe that were taken by Life magazine in 1953. The photos were taken in her home, she was 26 years old, and looked more comfortable and cozy. To me she looked a bit different from the glamorous Marilyn that we all know. I could sense the vulnerability and the sadness in some of the photos, and I really liked them. Those photos were interesting because you could see the human being behind the icon. She was still beautiful in those pictures, but not in a glamorous way, just a beautiful woman in her own home.

Her eyes reflected some sort of pain, even when she smiled, and that immediately caught my attention. I decided to do a sketch of her, and to present her to the world as I saw her - Beautiful and sad woman.

Here is the sketch, notice how her eyes talk


The sketch was created using Wacom graphic tablet.

Hope you liked it! See you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment